Mike was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and grew up in the Mountain West. He is passionate about helping employees who have experienced unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation at work because he believes everyone deserves to be treated with dignity in the workplace. While in college at the University of Wyoming, Mike was a national champion in parliamentary debate. At Willamette University College of Law, he was a law review editor, was inducted into the Order of the Barristers as a moot court member, and graduated in the top five percent of his class.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Disability and Medical Leave Discrimination
- Whistleblower Retaliation
- Oregon State Bar, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, 2012
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, J.D. magna cum laude
- Law Review
- Inducted into Order of Barristers as a moot court member
- Oregon State University, Interdisciplinary Studies, M.A.
- Major: Political Science and Speech Communication
- University of Wyoming, Journalism, B.S.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Oregon State Bar Association, Member
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Legislative and Publications Committees
- Oregon Gay and Lesbian Law Association, Member
- Multnomah Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Stoel Rives LLP, Portland, Oregon, law clerk
- Appellate Division, Oregon Dept. of Justice, Salem, Oregon, law clerk